8.14.2007

table and such

So this is the new coffee table I ordered yesterday from Wal-Mart. Yes, I know, Wal-Mart... But I do like the look of it. Hopefully it won't look horribly cheap once it's put together. I was thinking about it today (the table) and I think it's kind of a physical example of how I feel about my life lately. Nothing seems permanent (except maybe Eric). I don't know how long I'm going to stay at my job, I know we'll move again in a year, my new coffee table is a cheap-o from Wal-Mart, etc, etc. I'm not trying to whine, but I guess I just feel frustrated about my lack of roots lately. 27 is looming and I would love to decorate a house that I knew I would get to stay in for a little while at least... Find a neighborhood, plant some flowers, buy some decent furniture... But seriously, I should probably count blessings for what I do have and the fact that I can afford a roof over us, even if it is temporary.

Speaking of that roof... I moved a few boxes and clothes to the new apartment today. I brought a pile of hanging clothes and they barely made a dent in my HUGE walk in closet. Fantastic. I can't believe the closet space in the whole place. There's a nice linen closet in the bathroom, and a nice sized hall closet by the front door. The other bedroom closet is good sized too. Mmmmm... closets... See, I really have nothing to complain about.

No comments: